Saturday 15 December 2012

Those babies

I have been quiet because I have been sick since last Saturday. I have been coughing my lungs out and not sleeping well because of the coughing. I finally went to the walk-in-clinic yesterday and got new prescription for the inhalers. Hopefully, I'll get better soon.

I don't have the words to describe my feelings about the Newtown massacre. Every parent's worst nightmare is losing his/her babies. And losing their babies so suddenly in such a violent manner. I can't imagine. The survivors, their families and victims' families are scarred for ever.

I hope that American public and lawmakers come to their senses after this incident and impose stricter gun control laws. I have no doubt stricter gun control laws will help. But I also wonder as a society when did we become this violent. Are we not teaching the younger generation how to cope with anger and frustration? Are we not providing the help they need when they need it? Are the kids immune to violence because of all video games and violent TV programs? I don't know the answers. But it is making me very very worried and second guess my parenting.

In other news, my friend M and I working on a very exciting project. It is too early to write about the details. All I can say is I haven't been this excited about work in a very long time!

No comments: